- Make healthy food choices. Half of your plate should be fruits and veggies.
- Choose to eat small portions rather then large. Use a smaller plate, weigh portions on a scale, or check the Nutrition Facts label for details about serving sizes .
- Build exercise into your daily life. Come up with easy to follow exercise plan on your own or use help of the fitness professional.
- Choose stairs over the elevator, garden, go on walks, play sports, go dance with friends, swim, walk to the grocery store or work.
- Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
Combined, these habits may be a safe, healthy way to lose weight and keep it off.